Somers Town Medical Centre will be hosting a Health & Wellness Open Day for all members of the public on Thursday 31st August 2017 between 2.00pm and 4.00pm – all are welcome to attend. See poster below.
The event aims to raise awareness about and allow patients to experience a number of local health and social care service providers accessible through the surgery for our patients as well as other residents of Camden.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to meet PPG representatives and members of practice staff, particularly newer team members, and will be treated to FREE mini health checks, whilst younger visitors can enjoy FREE face painting.
The services due to attend are:
- Action on Hearing Loss is the Largest UK charity helping people confronting deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss to live the life they choose.
- Camden People first is a voice for people with Learning Difficulties in North London.
- Variety Children’s Charity provide practical help and memorable child experiences to less fortunate children.
- Voluntary Action Camden who offer practical support to the local residents of Camden.
- Yes to Life, a charity that aims to empower people suffering from Cancer.
- Mind in Camden who provide high quality support and capacity building services to benefit people who are struggling with mental distress
- AGE UK Camden, a charity who help older people to stay active, stay connected and get the most out of life.
- Sing for Joy London, a charity who manage choirs of around 25 people with conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis – including active helpers, carers and expert teachers.
- And a local Healthwatch Camden representative.
A number of other services will also be present for the whole family to benefit from.
AT Medics practices schedule regular PPG meetings with SMS reminders, dedicated PPG notice boards and a translator if necessary, and are delighted to be hosting this event at Somers Town Medical Centre.
Somers Town Medical Centre is committed to delivering high quality care focused on patient needs and safety, and is working to achieve clinical improvement through the implementation and advancement of quality systems, as well as continually reviewing and investing in training and education of staff.